Include a homemade facial scrub in your grooming routine it will help you achieve a cleaner and healthier face, whether you have a beard or not.
Many men think that exfoliation is an insubstantial thing, perhaps because the word itself sounds quite presumptuous. But the truth is that it works. Facial skin looks much better, since are essential to remove blackheads and dead cells.
Table of Contents
Advantages of homemade facial scrubs
Since ingredients that generally everyone has at home are used (some even already used as we will see later), the first advantage is that save money on expensive scrubs.
Unlike synthetics, homemade scrubs allow us to control all the ingredients. This is easier avoid contact with chemicals that can cause irritation and other adverse skin reactions.
Both synthetic and natural scrubs prevent ingrown hairs and itchy beards. These products detach hairs and remove dead cells and other impurities, promoting the renewal of the skin under the beard.
When should you exfoliate your face?
Facial exfoliation can be practiced at any time of the day. However, doing it before or during the shower will save you time. And is that washing your face with warm water to open the pores is part of the preparation for exfoliation. In the same way that to finish it is necessary to apply moisturizer.
What is considered important is do not apply any type of facial scrub before shaving. Try to time these two potentially irritating actions to allow your skin to recover between one thing and the other.
How many times can you exfoliate your face?
Unlike other cosmetics (moisturizer, concealer stick, etc.), facial scrubs are not used every day. Twice a week is considered the ideal frequency in most cases.
Once a week is a frequency that can also work. When it comes to facial skin, it is important to make an effort to know it thoroughly and to know what care it needs and when. This may take time, but once you figure it out, your hygiene routine will be simpler and more robust.
Homemade coffee facial scrub
If you are in love with coffee (especially its aroma), you will love this homemade facial scrub. It is also a great way to recycle coffee grounds.
Coffee is anti-inflammatory and invigorating, two properties that your skin can benefit a lot from if you leave it for a few minutes as a mask.
- 3 tablespoons coffee grounds
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of honey (optional)
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until well combined. Apply the homemade coffee facial scrub to your face and neck in gentle, circular motions.
- If you have a beard, this is an area worth dwelling on for a minute. The purpose is to access the dead cells that accumulate under the facial hair.
- Leave the scrub on your skin for 3-4 minutes before washing your face with water. Towel dry, being careful not to apply too much pressure.
Please note: If you don't use it all, store it in the fridge in a jar for next time. Under these conditions the mixture can be kept in good condition for several weeks.
Homemade Lemon Salt Face Scrub
Lemon and salt make a great team, and not just when it comes to drinking tequila. These two ingredients exfoliate, cleanse and soften the skin.
This homemade facial scrub has antibacterial properties. In this way, it can help you keep acne and other facial blemishes at bay.
It is also an excellent idea if you have oily skin, since lemon is considered to be effective in removing excess sebum.
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Sea salt
- Pour the lemon juice into a small bowl. Add salt until the desired thickness is achieved. It does not have to be very liquid or very thick, although it is a matter of personal preference.
- Use a cotton pad to apply this homemade scrub to the skin of the face and neck. Draw small circles for 2-3 minutes.
- Re-soak the disc in the mixture as many times as necessary during the stipulated time.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water. Be careful so that the lemon and salt do not come into contact with the eyes. Use the same meticulousness when drying, since to this we must add that the skin remains especially sensitive for a while after performing an exfoliation.
Note: Although it is beneficial, it is important not to use too much lemon in the mixture. To make sure, use two parts of salt for each one of lemon.