We need to use sunglasses for the beach. Actually, we must do it all year round to protect our eyes from solar radiation. But, in summer, this is essential, especially if we go to a sandy area. Glasses preserve our sight from ultraviolet rays and, in addition, they offer us more equally important benefits.
En Opticalia you have the best sunglasses Men. With them, you will be able to enjoy those days by the sea without worrying that the sun's rays will impair your vision. But, for them to perform this function perfectly, you have to know how to choose the most appropriate. For this reason, we are going to give you some recommendations on how to choose the best sunglasses for the beach, but first we will talk about their advantages.
Table of Contents
Benefits of wearing sunglasses on the beach
As we have already told you, the main advantage of glasses on the beach is that they protect you from the sun's rays. If you are exposed to it for a long time and without proper protection, it can cause damage to the cornea, lens or retina. Likewise, it can cause eye diseases such as conjunctivitis, ulcers and even degenerations.
But the glasses also have other no less important uses. So with them you will prevent the wind from blowing sand into your eyes. Surely you have ever entered. It is very annoying and impairs vision. Also, it irritates the eyes and can damage them.
Likewise, the glasses protect the skin of your eyelids. As you know, the sun's rays also damage it. For the rest of your body you have protective creams. But we don't usually put them on the skin that covers the eyes to prevent them from entering them. It is precisely the glasses that protect that area, which is also very sensitive.
All these reasons are more than enough for you to take sunglasses to the beach. But, in addition, there is an aesthetic reason. They are very pretty and flatter you. However, since the first ones are more important, we are going to give you some recommendations.
Eight tips for choosing sunglasses for the beach
Not all the sunglasses that you can find for sale offer the best protection conditions. You can find imitations or parts manufactured without the necessary guarantees. In this sense, those offered by Opticalia are approved by the European Community. That is to say, they meet all the requirements that this organization demands for their commercialization.
This is not a trivial matter. We might think that if we buy non-approved glasses, they simply won't protect us, but they won't harm us either. But this is not so. The fact of using them makes our pupils dilate. With this, they allow more amount of solar rays to enter. In this way, if the frames do not protect us, we will be doing us even more damage than if we didn't wear them.
For all these reasons, if you are going to buy your sunglasses elsewhere, you should follow these recommendations that we offer you:
- Notice that they are approved. Check that they include the manufacturer's data and that they bear the hallmark CE. This means, precisely, that they comply with the European standard UNE EN 1836. In addition, they will indicate the type of filter and the level of protection offered by its crystals.
- Beware of crystals. Precisely in these you also have to pay attention. Check that they are not made of plastic, since this harms the eyes. Must be glass or, failing that, other organic material.
- Make sure they have adequate filtration. We have already mentioned the importance of the degree of filtration of the glasses. They should at least have a 3 level. If it is less, it will not properly protect your eyesight. But, if it is four, even more beneficial.
- choose them polarized. Maybe you don't know what polarization consists of. This name is given to the luminescence that the sun's rays acquire when they bounce off a horizontal surface, such as the sea or sand. As you will understand, it is harmful to your eyes. That is why it is very important that your glasses are polarized. In addition, they are more comfortable and allow you to see better.
- Color of the crystals. the tones darker they protect the view better than clear ones.
- Eye coverage. Many times we choose sunglasses because we like them, but we do not notice if they cover our eyes well. This is very important because, if they don't do it, they will perform the function of protecting them poorly. Therefore, when choosing them, check that cover well the whole set of your eyes.
- Facial features. As in the previous case, choosing glasses that adapt to the features of your face is not just a matter of aesthetics, although it may seem so to you. If the frame doesn't fit your face properly, it will move and stop covering your eyes. That is, it will lose its utility.
- let yourself advise by professionals. Do not buy your sun frames anywhere. Just as you would not buy medicines in a supermarket, to have good glasses, go to an optician. Keep in mind that in this you will be attended by a university graduate who knows about eyes, lenses and frames. Therefore, he will advise you well on what is best for you.
On the other hand, along with these tips for choosing sunglasses, we also want to give you some tips on how to use them well. In the first place, it is essential that, even if you wear them, don't look directly at the sun. You could damage your retina.
But, above all, that use them also when it is cloudy. If we go to the beach and we don't appreciate the sun's rays, we tend to think that it can't damage our eyesight. However, ultraviolet rays are there. It is true that to a lesser degree than when the sun shines, but we are exposed to them. Consequently, we must use the glasses, even if it is cloudy to be well protected.
In conclusion, we have given you useful tips on how to choose the best sunglasses to the beach. We have also talked about how you should use them. In Opticalia You have all makes and models, always duly approved. choose yours and make sure you protect your eyes well when you enjoy a nice day by the sea.