Self-esteem is the appreciation that a person has about himself. If this type of perception is low, we understand it as a visualization of ourselves in a subjective or uncomfortable way, not valuing ourselves. Everything will be based on feelings, sensations, experiences or thoughts that have occurred throughout our lives or at a specific moment, so that this type of feeling is related to our personal moment. That is why we must achieve self-esteem.
Low self-esteem is a negative perception about yourself. It carries a series of factors that can limit us a lot in our daily lives, and it is that many of these people try to try to recognize this problem or go to a professional so that they can help them to recognize their problem and how to solve it.
Symptoms that you suffer from low self-esteem
We all have a mental image of ourselves, of who we are, of how we act in front of others, of whether we are good and still, weighing all our weak points. It is here when we are forming our image from small to the point of today and we create a self-image. In this part is when we make our own criticism and assess what our self-esteem is, if it becomes high or low. The main symptoms that warn of low self-esteem can be:
- Not feeling happy with yourself you are always down for any decision and that is underscored by not having self-assurance.
- You don't want to express your likes and opinions for being afraid of not being valued correctly. That is why you do not often interact with others because you think that you are not going to like it, or you are not going to do it well.
- You don't strive to get what you want until the endHalfway through, you may have already thrown in the towel thinking that you are not going to make it. This is because you think that you are not satisfied with what you do, that it could be better, and that easily demotivates you.
- Many times you are easily stepped on, since you do not dare to impose your character when it is necessary. You think that any decision or opinion can lead to failure. It is because of that it's always hard for you to take an initiative since you underestimate yourself in social situations and you think you are not going to like it.
- You see others superior to you and you would like to be like them. To feel good you often need the approval of others more often. You attribute your achievements to luck, to external causes, and your failures to blaming yourself.
How to raise self-esteem
It must be recognized that low self-esteem does not help you grow as a person. In the long run it produces behavioral and relationship problems that we want to face with others can produce anxiety and stress. It can cause depression and little self-confidence, so you have to put great remedies, with security and constancy:
- Find the reason for the cause. Perhaps the reason is supplanted by a childhood problem and knowing and searching for the origin may give you more confidence. Childhood is the pillar of our personality for a future and if we have suffered a major disagreement it is better to overcome it with a lot of self-help or by seeking professional help.
- Stop spinning your head. If you want to start by helping yourself, stop always thinking about the same thing. You can meditate your thoughts, looking for a moment of relaxation and doing a creative visualization, but in moments of anguish and tension do not force to always think about what may not have any way out by not thinking realistically.
- The goal is to be happy. Look for all those moments and events that help you feel good and be happy. Everything that makes you positive, value it as it deserves, you will see that you have many positive qualities and you have to know how to exploit them. Love yourself very much.
- Set goals that you can meet. They are easy challenges that you can set yourself and that you see yourself able to overcome. Little by little we can increase what we propose and that will help us raise our self-esteem. You must learn that if you do not come out the first time and we fail it will make us learn from our mistakes, It is there where we must promote our knowledge and do it in a different way, never break that initiative.
- Do not compare yourself or make yourself harsh criticism. You must focus on yourself and not envy the lives of others. The first thing you have to work on is accept you and forgive you. It works great writing a letter about yourself. In it, describe everything you don't like about yourself and everything you feel guilty about. Even if it takes several days to write it, do not forget any details. From there, make a constructive criticism and assess what you can improve. Finally say goodbye to that letter by tearing it into a thousand pieces.
- Meditate on your day every night. Only you can value the positive things that have happened to make it a good day, and if there haven't been, always be grateful for everything, which by some logic has happened. Stay with the good and reject the negative, if you follow this example in the long run you can help raise self-esteem.