Problems at work can be related to conflict situations. They are moments or difficulties that you have to face in your work position, or perhaps it is synonymous with dissatisfaction. What happens when we don't like our work? It is probably because you are going through a tense moment of demotivation.
There are many factors that can cause this situation. How The best measure is often not to run away from the problem but to know how to deal with it. Saying enough is one of the best measures, since the objective is to improve our physical and mental health, if not it will come by taking billing us.
Table of Contents
What conflicts do problems create at work?
- Lack of empathy with others: each person governs and behaves with their own personal characteristics. On many occasions we can find colleagues at work who do not correspond to our personality and this is where one of our conflicts begins. We must feel empathy towards others, we must respect the personality of each one and not feel rejection, in this way we are not creating an uncomfortable situation.
- Lack of communication with peers. It is another of the mistakes that are often made and do not make us think about this labor problem. In a job you have to work as a team, if you have to communicate something you never have to take it for granted so that another colleague can do it. Cooperation is essential and seeing that you are part of that initiative makes that initiative clearer.
- Work stress: It is one of the points where we have arrived as the main reason. There are many referrals that can make us feel bad. Work pressure for extreme work derived by deadlines and very tight, or perhaps by burden ourselves with too many responsibilities that we cannot manage with ease. This type of stress is associated burnout syndrome.
- Burnout syndrome: It is the so-called syndrome of physical and emotional exhaustion caused by work stress. Its symptoms can be derived from an emotional overload, pressures at work and a great demand, consuming our energy to the extreme.
- Harassment at work. This factor can develop as a reason for the lack of empathy towards others. Surely this type of harassment comes from your colleagues or your superior, causing an unsustainable environment. This is where you begin to realize that humiliations, rumors or threats arise, reducing your self-esteem and not letting you work normally.
What do we have to work on to overcome problems at work
It is important to analyze the consequences that have caused this emotional conflict to arise. Many psychologists advise opening your emotions and feeling empathy towards others. Perhaps the problem many times is not a consequence of others, but is eradicated within oneself. That is why we must focus on these types of issues. However, we can give you some small tips that could help you:
- Acceptance of the problem. Surely everything begins with a small work problem that will increase over time. At this point you should leave for a moment the word "I'm right" and put yourself in the other person's point of view. It is time to try to understand that situation and find a solution.
- Foster empathy: this point comes hand in hand with the acceptance of the problem. To solve this question perhaps the best way to do it is feeling confinement with the rest of the classmates. As we have reviewed, it is important to analyze the conflict and evaluate who has generated that situation.
- Communication is essential: we need communication without falling into arguments. You have to make your projects valued and discuss possible changes, but doing it in a hostile way. We must not create mistrust and thus we can solve any problem with total normality. It is important to be open to dialogue and express your emotions, in the same way try to adopt the sympathy of being willing to ask for forgiveness when needed.
- That assertiveness is not lacking. We must know our rights and know how to defend them. We have to know when to say "no" but without hurting the feelings of others. If in this way we are honest and that can be noticed, this becomes in a skill that does not lead us to more conflicts.
- Adopt a passive attitude: You will probably have to get to this point if the conflicts continue. You have tried peacefully to solve a problem and after a while it comes up again. If you have reached out to dialogue and have even put yourself in their shoes, the healthiest option for your own well-being is to create a passive attitude towards the problem. It is a way of working your emotions, since they are moments of great anger and frustration. To create and promote this type of strategy there are relaxation exercises, for this you can read tips to relax or the creative visualization.