Dressing in half-dress is somewhere between formality and wearing a dress suit. It is the middle ground of being groomed and perfect to attend an event. It may seem easy to understand, but the media label has its established protocol, you have to pay attention to a series of rules so as not to lose detail.
We can shuffle that the variant of going to half etiquette is much less varied in men, than when we talk about women, because of the number of variants and options that are derived from their clothing. A man when he has to attend an event you may be prompted for the dress codeIf it is not facilitated and we are talking about half etiquette, here we can give you the best keys to avoid falling into uncertainty.
Table of Contents
Rules for wearing half dress
The mean label refers to placing ourselves halfway, do not go from formal causal but almost from etiquette. Usually one of the formal clothes and the rest are formal.
The complete suit
The suit that is usually chosen as a general rule is the dark one in conjunction with the simple white shirt. The black color is the chosen one par excellence, but you can opt for navy blue, maroon or dark gray. Do not bet on extreme or extravagant colors, those that are neutral will always be more formal.
A look that does not usually fail It is the dark-colored suit, with a double-breasted jacket and a white shirt and a tie to match the two pieces. The shoes also have to be formal and made of genuine leather. Next, we detail other rules of use that you must also take into account:
- According to the protocol, make sure that all the pieces of the suit are of the same tone and the same fabric. If you wear a two-piece suit with a tie, it is within the rule, but if you decide to go with a vest, it is not too much.
- Jackets with lapels in other shades of the suit such as satin or velvety finishes. Tailcoat jackets are usually associated with high-etiquette events, here you could err on the side of being too dressed up. As an alternative we suggest the three-piece suit, it sure is a success.
- Shirts always have to protrude below the handle or sleeve of the jacket, the usual is up to 2 cm approximately. As a general rule, shirts will always be white and cufflinks are essential, as is the handkerchief in the pocket of your jacket.
- The always elegant trousers in conjunction with the jacket or the vest. The fall behind the heel should cover the part of the shoe, but without reaching the ground. Ahead you should never see the socks.
- Socks are also that complement that goes into our attire and they are a very important part. If possible, they are always dark and you can see that they are in perfect condition.
- The tie and bow tie are suitable for wearing on the half tag, provided they match perfectly with the suit and shirt, and if possible with solid and dark colors.
- The belt must match perfectly with the whole suit and mainly with the shoes. You have to choose the same tone and make that combination valid and with criteria. In general, the colors range from black to brown, being much more generic to make compositions.
- The always elegant shoes, if possible they are not made of synthetic leather and better with laces and a classic cut. Shoes that have side buckles such as the Monk type are also acceptable. If you want to know more about types of shoes you can read us en this section.
What to avoid in the mean label
Without a doubt there are always a series of garments that we must avoid to dress elegant and of average etiquette:
- You have to start with avoid everything related to denim, like jeans or jackets. Same with basic basic cotton t-shirtsso with bold colors.
- Sweaters and sweatshirts are also not recommended Regarding accessories, we will avoid shoes for daily use, or dress shoes, no matter how elegant they may be. Accessories such as scarves and hats are also not included in the repertoire.
- Coats are generally not very advisable, those with feathers are totally forbidden, But there are coats like those in the elegant three-quarter-style photos of Ralph Lauren's wool or the much more affordable black coat with a blend of wool and polyamide from Zara.
As you may have already verified, this is the way to dress a half label in men, although the appearance, haircut and the know-how of the person are also part of it. To read similar articles you can read how to dress elegant, casual fashion in men , as a wear minimalist clothes.