Many are known philanthropists, others were unaware of their most generous and selfless role. Some of our favorite references in Having Class have become great celebrities who are making a difference thanks to their fight against social inequalities, injustices and poverty throughout the world. Did you know the generosity of these celebrities?
- Matt Damon: the Oscar-winning actor, screenwriter and producer as well as being one of the most charismatic, has always used his career and celebrity status to advocate for humanitarian causes. Participate in more than 31 NGOs and defend 27 different causes including the foundation of Not On Our Watch to defend the atrocities in Darfur, as well as on Water.org where it seeks to help those communities that do not have access to clean water. Damon has also produced and starred in films to raise awareness about these situations.
- Leonardo Dicaprio:The actor has recently turned 40 years old and has been with the foundation he created since he was 24 to protect the last wild lands that exist on the planet. Di Caprio seeks to establish a perfect relationship between people and nature. He participates in more than 19 NGOs and has donated and managed to raise large amounts of money for these causes.
- Edward Norton: This great actor is almost as well known for his performances as he is for being a great activist. He is a United Nations Goodwill Ambassador, raises funds for the conservation of Maasai communities and is a board member of Enterprise Community Partners, a non-profit organization focused on creating affordable housing. He brings together 17 different social causes in his person.
- Hugh Jackman:The Australian actor, producer, singer and dancer is one of Hollywood's great philanthropists. He knows like few to take advantage of his fame to raise funds for a wide variety of causes including poverty, the environment and microcredit programs for developing countries.
- George Clooney: our favorite among the favorites who has just lost the title of the golden bachelor is without a doubt the most involved in the injustices of the world. It is rumored that he donates large sums of money anonymously while denouncing human rights violations. He is closely linked to the cause of abuses in Sudan For which he has donated components for a satellite to monitor the area, writing opinion pieces and open letters to heads of state and has even been arrested for a protest in front of the Sudanese embassy in Washington.
- David Beckham: Not all are actors, this legend of the world of football and icon of style has been a stalwart of humanitarian causes for more than 20 years. Her efforts are focused on the fight against AIDS and her roles as UNICEF ambassador. In addition, he owns a foundation together with his wife Victoria that helps sick children. In his last professional season the player donated his salary to charities.
- Brad Pitt: He is without a doubt the biggest actor on the planet. With his wife Angelina Jolie they have become the most aware celebrities of the moment. They donate funds to more than 30 causes coupled with his awareness-raising role and contributions in humanitarian crises such as those in Darfur, Pakistan and Haiti.
- Jamie Oliver: one of the great celebrities in the world of cooking, author of great best sellers and restaurants, the chef has had an association since 2005 called Feed me better. It is dedicated to improving children's nutrition. Together with his foundation, Jamie Oliver Food Foundation contributes to education for a healthier life.