These are very difficult times that are affecting millions of people in the world and in confinement as a couple. It will be a great survival challenge, assimilating what had never been imposed on so many people. We must maintain an attachment within the same room, for a long time, and that mostly involves maintaining respect.
The confinement in pairs fits to one of the great duels that we can manage as the only and great challenge in our life. It will be something and exclusive and it is now better than ever we must support a lockdown and manage our life as a couple. Here we propose some measures that can help you.
How to overcome confinement as a couple
We cannot get to value what will it bring to be locked up for so long ye even seeing the same person all day. This situation is difficult to maintain, it can not even be justified that there can be no small conflict nor in the best stable couples. Most likely, the balance will not be properly adjusted and sparks fly for any subject. Selfishness and respect are two things that are equally confined in our body and that we must balance by relaxing our ideas.
- You have to get carried away by the situation: the fact of having to be constantly listening to bad news makes us depend on a general malaise. These types of consequences must be assumed first, because at the slightest brush with the other person, an argument can be generated. Therefore let yourself be carried away by the situation and accept what is happening, there is no other more feasible way out.
- You have to maintain a routine: we must deal with this situation without any extra effort, it is a task that is not imposed on our will, nor do you have to do things that you didn't used to do together. It is important find a routine for all those moments that you did not share together, when you were not at home.
- Keeping a private space is important: we all need our own space. For this you do not have to settle or implant the selfishness that that person has to share everything with you, but rather try to establish your escape route. You have to try to find your space and dedicate it to your personal care, reading a book or whatever makes you feel good.
- Have space for other people: even though we know we can't do it physically, We do not have to give up maintaining a communication activity with other people. We must maintain active social relationships with other people, in the end it is a condition that superimposes not making us feel alone.
- Time to reflect with your partner: now there is more time for dialogue, to share emotions and concerns. We are overwhelmed by the situation and mental strain and you have to know how to share those feelings with no intention of hurting anyone.
- You have to be open in your feelings: Maybe it is time to let yourself be carried away by your feelings and show everything that you love each other. Set this situation as a special moment for try to discover all the good and positive that there is towards the other person, although it is also worth trying discover indifferences and some small discomfort, but with a good open dialogue and with the intention of accepting.
- These are not times to take out the dirty laundry or to settle accounts: many people take advantage of this situation of discomfort and to be able to combat it They turn to their loved one to adjust a pending issue. This is something that we must assume and internalize independently.
- Do everything you can to bring everything to the best possible end. With this type of explanation we proceed to instill respect in our partner. You should not try to always imagine the one "you think" but also the "I think" and "I feel", try to pin your thoughts on your own personality, but with neutral ideas and not at all selfish. Do not feel like a victim or make the other person guilty of everything, simply position your feelings and let him know everything with empathy. The other person should know how to listen and accept.
- Look for fun moments. There are countless shapes and colors when it comes to imagining pleasant moments. The release of endorphins together with moments of escape and laughter it helps to face this situation much better. There are infinite possibilities, such as being able to watch a movie or series that you like, video games, board games, doing some kind of aerobic sport, dancing and even singing karaoke.
- Perhaps these are the best times to learn to grow with your partner. They are moments of reflection and they are good for devising plans for the future and channel your ideas in the best possible way. If you have good projects in mind and chances of one day changing something for the better, It is now when you can take the opportunity to make those plans together.